Monday 16 January 2017

Dry January - Week 2


This month seems to have gone quickly so far.  We are in double figures already, in fact it  is 16 days without a drink and so far it has been much easier than I expected it to be.

A few people I have spoken to recently have said that they would not be able to do a full month and if I am perfectly honest, I thought exactly the same thing But I am actually enjoying this challenge.

My evening drink of choice is now either Peach flavoured water or Soda water and we are really getting through it.

Wednesday was a tough night, we had a little bad news and this would normally have been combated with a beer or 2 but it is still the weekends that hit us the hardest.

My Wife has employed a tactic of drinking water from a wine glass to keep up the illusion of a cheeky vino and yesterday I actually made her a fake Gin and Tonic.  A glass of Tonic water with some Juniper seeds added for flavour.

My mind is in a weird place at the moment, The idea of having a boozy night out seems totally alien to me and part of me really want to go out and party but then there is the other part that cannot think of anything worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment